Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Two by Tuesday- 'Birthday'

This year a very special thing happened while at lunch on my birthday. An older lady was having her birthday at the restaurant with a group of people. She was in her late 70's, and I was turning 38. I waved at her and wished her a happy birthday and said 'me too!' And she smiled. A half hour later one of the older ladies friends brings my Mom and I each a piece of coconut cream cake. 
I will treasure that moment as I said thank you, and the old lady waved and smiled. Definitely the best birthday cake ever. 
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sarah, for participating in this weeks TwobyTwo challenge. Who doen'st like cake? And your story behind this is just heart-warming. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story and the cake, great work!

    ReplyDelete